Sunday, August 21, 2011

And So It Begins...

Allow me to introduce myself.

I’m the Extraordinaire. Of what, you ask?

Of everything.

I’m truly good at everything I do. And since I’m African, I can pretty much do anything. I’m every woman. It’s all in me.

You might already be thinking, “Wow, this girl is really full of herself.”

I get that a lot.

To be honest, I am full of myself. But I don’t really see how that’s a bad thing. I think it’s important to know your worth. High self-esteem is an essential ingredient of success. How do you expect to become a CEO or boss of anyone if you’re softer than a cashmere throw? You can’t. If you’re a pushover, it’s only a matter of time before you run your business into the ground.

You know what low self-esteem gets you? Poverty. And AIDS. #truetalk.

So even if you know you’re about as bland as a value-pack of original flavored rice cakes, it would probably be in your best interest not to let others know. Because you know what happens to rice cakes? They get eaten. And do you know who eats rice cakes? Angry vegans. I’m sure you don’t want to go out like that. It’s not a good look.

So if you don’t take away anything else from this, remember: Carry yourself like you’re the inventor of all things good, and eventually people will believe you. If you command respect, you get respect.

That will probably be the best advice you’ll get all year. You’re welcome. Thank me later.

Moving on…

This blog is going to be a chronicle of the life and times of an extraordinary figure (i.e. me). I’ll make you laugh, make you cry, and I might even make you angry. But I certainly won’t be boring. I’m too extraordinary for that.

So come along for the ride, won’t you? The view is great from here J  

-The Extraordinaire

No comments:

Post a Comment