Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The End of the Road


Well hello there! Did y’all miss me?

Don’t worry, I know y’all did.

J

Anywho…

I’ve been postponing writing this post because I just couldn’t come to terms with the fact that my time here in Lagos is finally coming to an end.

As of today, I only have 11 days left of my sojourn in Gidi, and I must say, I am DISTRAUGHT.

Literally, NO PARTS of me want to go back to America.

Well, maybe a small part of me wants to go home…but only the part of me that misses grande White Chocolate Mochas and cinnamon scones from Starbucks.

I have thoroughly enjoyed myself here, especially in the last month or so. Once I realized how little time left I had here, I frankly started YOLO-ing like my life depended on it. In fact, I’m pretty sure I lost all types of sense for approximately 3-5 days. But you know what they say; the best stories always start with the worst decisions ;)

All in all, I’ve met some really great people and made even greater memories that I’ll look back on fondly for years to come. My experience here has certainly changed me for the better, and I can definitively say that I’m tougher, wiser, and (surprisingly) nicer than I was in January. Now that I’ve survived Nigeria, I know I can survive pretty much anything.

As I round up this chapter of my life and begin writing the next, I know that the experiences I’ve had here will help me navigate through the turbulent waters ahead. Although I’m more than sad about leaving, I’m really excited to see what my future holds and take comfort in knowing that Lagos will certainly play a recurring role in the story.

So to the wonderful city I’ve called home for the last few months, I say thank you. This isn’t a goodbye, it’s more like a “catch ya on the flipside, homie.” Because now that I’ve experienced the greatness that is Las Gidi, there’s no way I’ll be able to stay away for too long.

Deuces.

It’s been real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment